WHAT IS THE POSTER CHILD OF A LEADER SERVANT?
When a boss and subordinate impact each other equally and respectfully, servant leadership is in motion and is clearly demonstrated. What are the characteristics of the leader servant poster child?
A Servant Leader:
• is a level character.
• normally does not demonstrate peaks and valleys of moods.
• thinks clearly in agitating situations.
• is a calming force.
• is a great listener who listens closely.
• utilizes toughness and sincere affection: If he’s in your face you’ve really done something wrong.
• goes out of his/her way to make something right.
• is likable.
• is one whom people like to work with and go the extra mile for.
• is accountable: Walks the talk.
• is responsible: Gets great results.
• does everything well.
• learns from others.
• is a trust builder.
• is a mood maker.
• gives respect to everyone.
• closes the gap between doing well and doing even better.
TO LEAD IS TO SERVE…EVERYBODY HAS A CHANCE TO LEAD EVERY SINGLE DAY
“ The epitome of servant leadership is when the subordinate leads the boss, and there’s no confrontation in it. To quote Jim Hunter, ‘Character is our moral maturity, which is our willingness to do the right thing even when – perhaps especially when – it costs us something. In fact, I am not sure it can be an act of character unless it costs us something.’ (p. 144 The World’s Most Powerful Leadership Principle, James C. Hunter, 2004.)
EVERYBODY HAS A CHANCE TO LEAD EVERY DAY. IF YOU COME INTO CONTACT WITH ANOTHER PERSON, YOU HAVE A CHANCE TO LEAD, AND THAT TAKES LEADERSHIP TO A WHOLE DIFFERENT LEVEL.”
‘Talk Doc’ psychologist Dennis O’Grady leads enlightening and enlivening workshops on The Responsibility of Leadership Utilizing The Talk2Me© System. Dennis is available at 937-428-0724.