STOP, OBSESSIVE THOUGHTS…STOP!
How can you reject obsessive thoughts that are a big waste of time? Stop them? Re-direct them? Forget about them? For example, do you fret about how people think or feel about you…or ruminate over the fact that you have more month left than money? Reflect on this: Obsessive thoughts are how you treat yourself like a pile of crap. That’s why God loves us so.
IT WILL WORK OUT, ONE WAY OR ANOTHER
It all works out in the end. Tough love self-talk in the Talk2Me© system involves disrupting repetitive obsessive thoughts with stern self-rebuke, such as…
- Obsessive thoughts are a big waste of time
- I can’t always be thought of as I would like to be
- My health is in my own hands
- I alone am the manager of my mood
- I set the tone in my home
- My mind is my own
- The past is dead. Learn from it what you can, then forget about it.
- Oh, well, let’s go….
- Let’s move forward NOW
- It’s not worth my time to stall my mind out on this
- It doesn’t really matter
- Play a little harder to master the mind…don’t back down…don’t give in
- There’s nothing friendly about piling on and wearing yourself down or beating up on yourself
- Fight through it without resigning until the very end
A CHANGE ATTITUDE: WHO OWNS YOUR MIND?
Instill in yourself a come-from-behind attitude…a weathering-the-storm attitude…an-if-it-doesn’t-kill-you-it-makes-you-stronger attitude…a no excuses, whining, crying, blaming, making-lame-arguments-that-make-you-feel-weak mentality. Be a positive mood-maker, a blame-game-ender…one brilliant shining star who owns your own mind and knows how to use it to its best advantage.
Dennis O’Grady, PsyD is a Dayton clinical psychologist, couples counselor, and family business Mood Management seminar trainer. Contact Dr. O’Grady at New Insights Communication 937-428-0724.