How do you give constructive criticism in a calm and loving way? Is that even possible when you come home in a bad mood? Yes, it is, when you use the Talk2Me© Communication Roadmap. You want to keep the green light of good communication glowing in your home.
HOW DO YOU START GIVING CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IN A CALM AND LOVING WAY?
How do you start using criticism constructively? By stopping old talk habits that make your communicator wheels stay stuck spinning ’round and ’round in a rut and CHANGE…
1. Stop criticizing and nit-picking.
2. Start complimenting your talk partners, on a daily basis.
3. Stop using an aggressive tone of voice when you communicate.
4. Speak more calmly. (Don’t make others feel under attack.)
5. Stop fretting or worrying over the small things.
6. Let the little things go. (Understand when getting upset is necessary.)
7. Don’t take out or direct your frustrations at your loved ones. (Your mood dictates your reputation of trustworthiness.)
THE COUPLE REPORT
Many couples and most people don’t like to bark orders at each other. After all, this isn’t a dog-eat-dog world. Said one inventive couple, who wanted to change the stormy climate to calm:
We’re cured. We want to be talked to in a calm manner like equal adults. These Talk2Me© rules are common sense, and when they are used, level-headed and positive communication is created. Don’t ever speak to other people like they’re little children or robots.
ABOUT “TALK DOC” DENNIS O’GRADY, Psy.D.
Dennis delivers Talk2Me© Leadership Communication workshops which provide a Communication Toolbox full of positive communication tools, to set people up for success. Dr. O’Grady can be reached at (937) 428-0724 or at www.drogrady.com.