ARE YOU LUCKY?
Are you lucky in communication? Of course you are. Shooting from the lip in a fast and careless manner is a recipe for disaster. You know that you make your own good communication luck. But, how do you make good luck happen when you’re feeling bad?
HOW DO YOU MAKE TODAY A LUCKY DAY OF POSITIVE COMMUNICATION?
Are you mindful of your own communicator power? Here are road signs that you are driving sensibly down the road of excellent communication, empowering everyone by exceeding expectations. YOU…
• Take time to talk
• Build communication bridges of trust
• Think optimistically about people
• Listen and hear more than you talk and tell
• Are aware of your communication prejudices
• Adjust your mood to avoid running into a ditch or wall
• Apologize freely and joke often
• Don’t go for “It’s my way or the highway” threats
• Give a balanced diet of positive and negative feedback
• Strive to improve your communication skills a little bit every single day
• Don’t put off people who might have a bone to pick with you
• Pump yourself up daily with encouraging self-talk
• SMILE and make eyeball contact with newcomers
• Clarify if what you hear being said is actually what is being said
• Leave your ego at the door
ARE YOU TOO SENSITIVE OR NOT SENSITIVE ENOUGH TO WHAT WORKS?
How to start off on a good foot? Appreciate that Empathizers are TOO sensitive to the moods and opinions of others, but they don’t care enough for the self. Conversely, Instigators have plenty of respect for the self, while being LESS sensitive to the emotions of others. A balanced style works best.
By studying the TALK2ME© system, you will improve your communication results and mood. Not a bum deal. Test your communicator type today for free at http://www.drogrady.com/type.php
Dr. Dennis O’Grady is a family business psychologist, individual counselor and couple communication expert from Dayton, Ohio. You can reach Dennis by calling 937-428-0724.