Are you keeping your communication tools sharpened or are they getting a little rusty? I enjoy working as a communication educator with classes of ethical and successful leaders who strive to drive a little bit better on the two-way communicator highway, every single day. We can all learn a thing or three about improving our communication skills. Wouldn’t you agree? Positive and effective communication is the best contribution you can make to those you serve and lead each and every day.
► MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR TALK TOOLS: WHAT TOOL FROM YOUR COMMUNICATION TOOLBOX WILL YOU BE SURE TO TAKE AWAY AND USE BACK HOME?
Are you keeping your communication tools sharpened? Here’s a list of the Best of the Best Communication Tools that were brainstormed by a group of 8 Empathizer leaders and 5 Instigator leaders from Class 10:
▪ If you let a negative attitude become part of your mood, it will become part of your reputation.
▪ The 10% of your employees who have a bad attitude will take up 90% of your energy. Stop letting them. Don’t ignore your positive people.
▪ Treat all employees the same, using the E and I communication knowledge I’ve just learned.
▪ Any attitude, positive or negative, is going to be the deciding factor of your results for that day.
▪ Go the extra mile with people. Build a bridge of trust.
▪ Attitude becomes character.
▪ There is a time to open your mouth and a time to keep it closed, especially when strong emotions are involved.
▪ Take some time to give a little more thanks in “atta boys” and “good jobs,” even if it’s something as small as getting the garbage cans emptied.
▪ Persist in talking to people the better way, not the wrong way.
▪ Practice more empathy. Realize that I have a tough job to do, and the people I ask to do the work, also have a tough job to do.
▪ Position myself in the center of the Communicator Circle and recognize which direction to go.
▪ Be confident in the knowledge of your performance and the professionalism of your actions.
▪ I need to become a student of the definition of “poise.” Take time to become an effective communicator and leader.
Leadership skills and communication go hand in glove!
USE IT (COMMUNICATION SKILLS) OR LOSE IT (PROFITS)
Are you learning something new every day? Grow yourself, grow your people, and your profits will grow. You learn something new each day when you practice new communication tools four minutes a day. Where are your Multi-Million Dollar Talk Tools? Are you keeping your talk tools sharpened? Yes, and you are becoming a better communicator today!
ABOUT “TALK DOC” DENNIS O’GRADY, Psy.D.
Dennis delivers TALK2ME © Effective Communication executive, management and supervisory workshops which provide a Communication Toolbox full of positive communication tools to set people up for success.
He also uses the TALK2ME © system with his private, relationship communications training clients.
Dr. O’Grady is known as the “Talk Doc” since the advent of his positive and effective communication system, TALK2ME ©. He is president of the Dayton Psychological Association, founder of New Insights Communication, and is a clinical professor at the Wright State University School of Professional Psychology. His talk textbook, TALK2ME: Communication Moves to Get Along With Anyone, received the 2008 Axiom Business Book Award Silver Medal.
Please feel free to contact New Insights Communication at (937) 428-0724 to set up a time to speak with Dr. O’Grady. Your questions and inquiries are welcomed.