LEAVE YOUR PROBLEMS AT HOME?
Leave your problems at home? As a communications psychologist, I would say, “Why not move past your communication problems at home and capitalize upon your communication challenges at work?” Sound too good to be true? Now don’t go betting your peace of mind or your 401K on it. Simply put: It all begins and ends with communication tools that you can rely on when talks get rough on the two-way relationship communication highway.
MOVING ON WITH THE TALK2ME© SYSTEM…OUR TALKS TURN OUT POSITIVELY NOW
The Talk2Me© Communication Toolbox has common sense tools, which are not ordinarily used, to help improve your communication game…if you’re game! Here’s how 50-something Ted’s marriage has progressed with the changes he’s incorporated into his daily life:
My wife and I deal with problems now instead of letting them get out of hand. We used to waste time miscommunicating or isolating ourselves from each other. Now we communicate clearly. Really, a burden has been lifted off my shoulders with the benefits that come along with a positive relationship. The changes I’ve made by using tools from my Communication Toolbox have “stuck” around. They didn’t happen overnight, but pretty quickly.
TALKING TO EMPATHIZERS vs. TALKING TO INSTIGATORS
Ted was an Instigator communicator while his wife Teresa was an Empathizer communicator. He used to quietly fume when she got stuck in the rut called the past. But Ted was soon talking from her blue suede Empathizer shoes. Here are the accelerated strides realized from utilizing the Talking to Empathizers vs. Talking to Instigators approach…
• We’re laughing a lot more
• We compartmentalize the past and move on
• We don’t dwell in the past or feed on past mistakes
• We don’t let bad moods rule the day
• We don’t get stuck in communication ruts
• (A big part of letting go of the past is our improved communication)
• Small issues don’t become major stumbling blocks anymore
• We’re able to joke around instead of getting angry
• Now we’re able to hand each other written pearls of wisdom
• We’re teamed up, pulling the wagon in the same direction vs. participating in a tug-of-war
• My attitude about communicating has changed a lot
• I look forward to (vs. dread) coming home now
• Our talks turn out positively now
• We humbly accept the good things now
• We don’t argue and then go our separate way gritting our teeth
• We deal with issues and move on (easier problem solving)
• It’s all been very positive (change is hard, but not too hard)
• The feeling, “I don’t want to be here anymore…” is gone
• My wife sees the same positive effects as I do!
Do you want to build trust in all your relationships and watch people change in front of your very eyes? Then work in the quiet Empathizer or Instigator communication style of your talk partner. (Learn the system at www.drogrady.com.) The caliber of people using Talk2Me communication tools is the best, and you’ve got nothing to lose.
FIRST RULE OR IGNITION KEY TO LOVING COMMUNICATION
There’s no reason you can’t get better quality results in your relationship life, too. First rule of the game: Know thy type. Are you an empathetic (Empathizer-type) or a directive (Instigator-type) partner co-leader? If you don’t know what I’m talking about, it’s like driving down the highway with a blindfold on. Don’t bitch when you end up in a ditch! Relationship communication coaching helps you practice your defensive driving skills as a dedicated communicator.
IT ALL BEGINS AND ENDS WITH GOOD COMMUNICATION
If you want drama in your life, the Talk2Me© system is not for you. If you want to sit on a 3-story high pity-pot and have everyone feel sorry for your relational woes, the Talk2Me© way is not on your one-way avenue of talking. But if you want to shed baggage and stop dragging crap around – if you want to look forward to coming home or to your partner getting home – if you want to hear positive news rather than listen to an endless complaint list or see a turned back or grim face – then set everyone around you up for success. Help yourself to heaps of helpful feedback, using the proven strategies in the Talk2Me© Communication Toolbox.
TALKING ABOUT “TALK DOC” DENNIS E. O’GRADY, PSY.D.
TALK DOC Dennis O’Grady has 30+ years experience as a Relationship Communication Coach, Enlightening Speaker, Organizational Communications Psychologist and developer of the Talk2Me© Communication School Driver’s Manual. Call (937) 428-0724 to talk with “Talk Doc” Dennis O’Grady.