How do you tap into top talks? What do you have to do to kick start maximum positive results from every contributor who is seated around Your Communicator Table? First of all, you must know the ins and outs of your particular and peculiar communicator style, as either an Empathizer-type or Instigator-type communicator, which are explained in the Talk2Me Driver’s Manual for powerful communication.
TOP TALK CHARACTERISTICS TODAY
For maximum positive results around the Communicator Table, you should demote Negatalkers and promote these results-driven characteristics that sensitive people love to love:
• TALK IS CONSISTENT, CLEAR, AND CORRECT
• FEEDBACK IS CONDUCTED…GIVING AND RECEIVING ACCURATE POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE POINTERS FOR GROWTH
• COMFORT LEVEL…DO YOU FEEL A TRUE CONNECTION?
• FEEL COMFORTABLE SHARING ANYTHING
• YOU FEEL VALUED AND HEARD
• EFFECTIVE…DOES THE COMMUNICATION GET THE JOB DONE
• WHAT FORM? THE COMMUNICATION PREFERENCE FOR EMAIL, VOICE MAIL, IN-PERSON, TEXTING IS UTILIZED
• OPEN TO LISTENING EVEN WHEN BUSY
THE MIRACLE OF COMMUNICATION
Think of good communication as the hub of a wagon wheel. Benefits flow down each spoke of the wheel…benefits such as improved morale, higher productivity, fewer problems, extra effort, attracting A players, tossing out bad apples from the orchard, feeling focused and energized, sharing recognition respectfully. Pretty nifty results when the rubber gets rollin’ down the road of good talk at work or home, wouldn’t you say?
ABOUT “TALK DOC” COMMUNICATIONS PSYCHOLOGIST, DENNIS E. O’GRADY
Dennis O’Grady, Psy.D., is known as the Talk Doc since the advent of his positive and effective communication system, Talk2Me©. Dennis is a corporate consultant and team trainer, while maintaining a private practice which focuses on improving communication between couples and among family members.