I have an “attitude of gratitude” for being the developer of the TALK2ME© system, which teaches you how to communicate effectively with opposing Empathizer or Instigator communicators. After all, there are communication ramifications for driving in a fog of ignorance. Do you understand the needs, wants, and language preferences of each type? Let’s find out….
WHAT AN EMPATHIZER WANTS
- Respect of feelings and person; dignity
- Validation and acknowledgement
- Non-critical, non-judgmental feedback
- Recognition, esteem, expressed appreciation
- Non-threatening means of expressing
- Forgiveness for past mistakes
- A listening ear – to be heard
- An opportunity to make a difference
- To not hurt anyone’s feelings
- To preserve the relationship at all costs
WHAT AN INSTIGATOR WANTS
- Get down to business and get things done
- Forget about feelings and focus on task
- Stop wasting time and get to the point
- Follow my lead; listen to me; do what I say
- My way or the highway; be clear and direct
- Don’t bore me with your details, feelings…
- Stop taking things personally; get over it!
- Get out of my way! I have a job to do!
Talk in the other communicators’ style of language, and they will hear you!
EMPATHY: THE PATH TO EMPATHY IS LISTENING TO AND USING THE LANGUAGE STYLE OF YOUR OPPOSING TALK TYPE
Are these questions or comments you have heard or perhaps thought?
- People don’t listen….
- You just don’t understand….
- I’ve quit putting ideas out there.
- Why are feelings always coming up and getting in the way?
…AND many more.
That’s where the TALK2ME© system comes in – it can help resolve the conflict points. Because of the research-proven communication tools which rapidly resolve conflicts in the TALK2ME© system, decision-makers are providing the opportunity for their employees and teammates to learn these powerful strategies. Go to http://www.drogrady.com/talk2me/ and find out what TALK2ME© can do for you.